The RSF Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival is in it’s 19th year…
Here are few things that you should know before embarking on your journey to The Summer’s Finest Film Festival.
- Screenings and Registration: The Martha’s Vineyard Performing Arts Center is adjacent to The Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School located at 100 Edgartown-Vineyard Haven Road in Oak Bluffs, MV.
- Book your flight: Fly directly into Martha’s Vineyard (MVY) via JetBlue Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines
- You can fly directly into Boston Logan Airport and catch a Peter Pan Bus to Woods Hole, then catch the Steamship to Martha’s Vineyard. It’s a journey…Enjoy!
- Having a car on Martha’s Vineyard makes travel more convenient, you can rent a vehicle on island or at AVIS Rent A Car in Falmouth, MA. (There’s a FREE shuttle bus at the Woods Hole Ferry that takes you to AVIS Rent A Car in Falmouth, MA.)
- You’ll need a car reservation to get your car from the mainland onto and off of Martha’s Vineyard. Contact the Steamship Authority.
- For help with lodging on Martha’s Vineyard you can visit VRBO
- Heads Up! Falmouth is NOT on Martha’s Vineyard, if you book your housing in Falmouth you will have to take the ferry back and forth.
- Click the link to get full details on where to stay and how to get there.
- Click the link for Getting around the island
- Festival Food: There is an eatery (Y Cafe) located inside the YMCA (111R Edgartown-Vineyard Haven Road) which is a short walking distance from the Performing Arts Center. As you exit the Performing Arts Center parking lot make a right and then make an immediate left into the YMCA parking lot (Please be careful crossing the street).
- Eat accordingly: There’s no food to purchase at the Performing Arts Center, so eat before you arrive or after you leave the Performing Arts Center.
- Taxi Services
- The film schedule, festival itinerary and special guest are always subject to change without notice. There are NO TICKET REFUNDS.
- The festival itinerary will be available on the website in early/late June.
- The MV Performing Arts Center has FREE Parking.
- You can purchase your MVAAFF passes and tickets at www.mvaaff.com